Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shrimping Win!

I'm looking at my orange ShockDoctor mouth guard case right now and I HAVE to fit it this weekend. I've had it for almost two weeks and have been putting off the whole boil 'n' bite process. I got a warning tonight though. I was being put into some kind of choke from behind and felt my bottom teeth collide pretty hard with my top. I hope it works out ok, but even if it doesn't fit, I'll work with it until I find one that does. I've already had enough restorative dental work to last me a life time and there's no sense in unnecessarily risking more.
 
I finished my second round of shrimping today and on the way around to start the third, BeginnersInstructor told me that they had gotten "good...really good". The one legged drills are paying off:) I almost thought he was kidding, but I have to admit, it felt good to hear and I'm glad he let me know.
 
I learned my first collar choke today! I was partnered with Wuzzup during the technique portion of class and his faces had me feeling SO bad. I wonder if I look that that sad when I'm being choked. It still shocks me a bit when I hurt someone unintentionally, but I'm getting over it and it's good incentive to control my movements properly. The poor guy caught a knee to the head from me too. I now see why white belts can be so dangerous.

2 comments:

A.D. McClish said...

Awesome job with the shrimping! I know how you feel about training chokes. We actually trained a nasty choke that is supposed to be a blood choke but ends up being a windpipe choke if you do it wrong. I hate feeling like I'm beating up my drilling partner!

Megan said...

Yeah...I can tell chokes are going to take me a while to get down. Do you remember the name of that one?