Friday, September 17, 2010

Almost cried tonight

I was laying there, on the mats, in the dark, tearing up, remembering the Meiji Shrine. I thought of the mist and the peace and the quiet and was sad that my brother lived half a world away, happy that I've been so blessed as to have had to opportunity to visit with my best friend. Sad that she lives a whole country away.

At the end of open mat, during our weekly ginastica natural and reflection over our training, our week and our lives in general. We always visualize a happy place...last week it was my bed. Tonight, the Meiji Shrine. I swear it has to be one of the most peaceful places on earth, despite the fact it lives in the middle of one of the least and its violent past.

Parrumpa started talking about appreciating your friends, family and letting them know how much you love them and I was teared up again...good tears though. Very good tears. 

I'm really starting to get it though. This is all about friendship, self-improvement and respect. Rare gems indeed.

2 comments:

Thinking About Culture said...

Wonderful place, let me know some more information about this shrine.

Megan said...

It's the Meiji Shrine in Tokyo Japan. Amazing place. I'm not a fan of big cities, so it was definitely the best part of my visit to Tokyo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Shrine