Sunday, October 20, 2013

21 Life Improvements from BJJ: 12-Awareness of Differences

OK...so Julia's about to lap me. 

It's easy to fool yourself into thinking that you're normal...that the world, while there are differences...is mostly comprised of people like you...and even if you cognitively know it isn't, it's still easy to behave and make decisions as if it were.

My cohort? Artsy, multi-racial, geeks who like travel/art/food/music, don't have children but do have the disposable income that comes with that. And that...is what's awesome about BJJ. I mentioned before that I don't REALLY have kids in my life, so having friends who have to regularly adjust schedules because of a sick daughter or miss a tournament because their husband needed to use the car...it gives me new (and more realistic) perspective on my own life, its struggles and its blessings.


No comments: