Friday, March 18, 2011

I shouldn't go out in public after I train.

Double fun tonight at the gym! Tonight was Parrumpa's birthday AND he gave out his first black belt...and it was to his wife! So...adorable. I'm not into romantic gestures, but a kiss before getting thrown after getting your black belt. That's like my version of the Notebook.

The girl who's scared to roll with me...we kind of joke about it now. We were sitting on the wall watching a couple of rounds and she lamented the fact that there weren't many kids there that night.

Me: What about that orange belt over there?
Teen: I don't know him. What's his name?
Me: No idea. Try "Orange".
Teen: Ha...I can't just ask him though
Me: Sure you can...why not?
Teen: I don't know...it's just weird
Me: What the...it's like we're at a dance!
Teen: A really dangerous dance.

But yeah...I had two events going on tonight, so I had to split myself between them. (Surprisingly, me and my introverted self wasn't annoyed to go to either one.) I missed dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (macaroni and cheese balls, we'll meet again soon) and went to a party at my cousin's house instead. I think this is the first time I've trained and gone straight to a public event...I only did a couple of techniques and one round because of my neck, but...like...I've noticed that after class, my abilities to process words and numbers are severely diminished. Almost to the point that I don't like writing blog entries immediately afterward because I can't form a compound or complex sentence to save my life.

I was around family...these people know me. I was clumsy (knocked over a flower arrangement), quiet, awkward when talking. I ended up mostly sitting in the kitchen picking on a piece of fish. It was SO weird. Really starting to wonder if this is just me...

4 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Me: What the...it's like we're at a dance!
Teen: A really dangerous dance.
-----------------

ROFL......... :-D

Anonymous said...

LOL @ "The Notebook" reference. That's awesome. I agree. I think it is the level of respect when the instructor hands her the black belt. It's like she earned it and he sees her as worthy and the worth and equality in that gesture....nothing is more romantic to me.

A.D. McClish said...

Congrats to your instructor's wife!! Man, you're so lucky to have a black belt girl to train under! And yes, my brain takes a vacation after I train hard. For me, eating and drinking soon after helps.

Megan said...

I know! It's pretty cool and she's super nice.

I'll have to try eating and drinking soon after. I wonder if any foods help more than others...