Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sending a prayer up for all the people in Japan...

My brother, our head instructor and one of the pro-fighters from the gym are over there now...she's actually the first person I ever rolled with. Parrumpha and Jessica are on their way back now and little brother's ok.

All I can say is I'm glad I got an email from David before I saw the images on TV or I would have been freaking...out. My poor grandmother called in a panic before I even got the TV on. What's on TV is terrible, but thankfully he lives in an area where the destruction wasn't too bad.

I've heard some stories of people that still haven't heard from loved ones, so if you're looking for someone or know the whereabouts of someone affected by the earthquake, please share here at Google's person finder, dedicated to the 2011 earthquake in Japan.

Stay safe, Roachbait...and boil some water!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture so much. You guys look so happy and David's hair rocks.

I am SO GLAD he is ok. I am so emotionally devastated by what has occurred there. The photojournalism that I've seen from there causes me nothing but pain. I cannot conceive of the pain of the Japanese because the most I've been through are terrible hurricanes, nothing like this. I don' t even know what comfort I or anyone else can provide to them but I genuinely hope that the people hurting will find peace sooner than later and they can begin to rebuild soon.