Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Diagnosis and Treatment

My last private, I arrived a little early and went a couple rounds before the lesson. When we got started, WrestlerInstructor asked what I had in my notebook to work on, and after I told him, he added two things he noticed I was having issues with.

Posting was #1. I just...don't do it. I fall. No idea why. We did a few rounds starting in a 50/50 position that would require me to post on my hand (not on my elbow as I so love to do) and I have to say, it helped get me comfortable with the habit. Tonight I was posting all over the place!

AND...the triangle from the mount we covered worked BEAUTIFULLY. I really love it. It just feels right. The blue belt I tried it on finished our roll and said "that was your best roll yet" and complimented me specifically on the triangle.

Tee hee, man...tee hee.

4 comments:

Deborah Clem said...

Oh lord, another tall person who will triangle us all and play an unpassable open guard. Greeeeaaat...;)

A.D. McClish said...

Haha, awesome!! I love private lessons.

Georgette said...

Oh goodie! Another tall lanky person who can't finish me in a triangle because I'm so small.. whose open guard will be step-overable, step-throughable, run-aroundable...

well that's the hope anyway!

Merry Christmas all!

Megan said...

@Dagney...We'll see about "unpassable". It'll get there eventually.

@A.D....they're great. I think I started at a very good time for me (a year in). I'd do one every week if I had the time.

lol@Georgette...um, I don't know about lanky. Finishing triangles is definitely going on the goal list for this year though:) Merry Christmas!