Monday, January 25, 2010

A New Attitude

November 23, 2009

Well, I skipped class tonight. I've been feeling kind of dizzy and considering how sick I got last class, I figured it would be better to take some time off from getting thrown up and down the mats and rest a bit. I really hate missing class, so I did some shrimping, drills and bodyweight exercises instead. Nothing that involved Megan being upside down.

Surprisingly (at least to me, everyone who does BJJ seems to know it can make some drastic changes in a person) in just one month, my standards for my base level of exercise have changed. The level of fatigue that I used to consider a stopping point I now consider a starting point for my real workout. Working out three times a week used to be fine with me, now six feels normal. A month ago, a straight hour of physical activity was unthinkable, now it's something I want to do more often. Most interestingly though, my mind is more free to think about things other than my physical well being. Yays.

No comments: